Monday, March 30, 2009

solo date night

Ella's been teething lately, at least we think so, which means getting her to sleep through the night is unheard of. Last night she did pretty well, but she's also a nap-resister. Big time. So today she slept some in the car, and that was it. She only just went to bed for the night too, and I'm hoping she might even stay asleep until the morning, and I do mean that literally--like anything after midnight. I just dropped Chris and Elliot off at a scotch tasting event at The Muddy Pig in St. Paul and my dad's going to pick them up later, so I am already indulging! I thought about calling a friend to come hang out, and then I thought I'd rather not have to share my New Glarus Wisconsin Belgian Red. Oh yum. Yesterday I ate some Wisconsin cheese (I'm blanking on the name of it at the moment; maybe Sartori or something???) that was aged in the New Glarus Raspberry Tart Ale and it was delicious, but I decided today I'd rather drink my beer than eat it. Wisconsin has an amazing selection of beer that is not distributed in Minnesota, New Glarus being one. I just love it when my brothers have to drive through Wisconsin and, of course, load up the car on the way through. And to top it all off Chris gave me an early birthday present, one of my favorite movies--Danny Deck Chair! Perhaps the guilt of going to a scotch tasting sans wife and baby was eating him up a bit. And though I feel a touch lame saying it, I can't wait to curl up in bed surrounded by just-out-of-the-dryer laundry to fold, my glass of red, maybe even some ice cream later on, and my movie. Anyway, sorry this is so short, but I better get started!

1 comment:

Jen G. said...

sounds like a good night. Any teeth showing up? Abby was super crabby this past weekend, it turns out she's finally getting her two front top teeth!