Thursday, February 25, 2010

breech of contract

Here are a couple reasons that I am not a "type A" person: my house is most often messy, sometimes bordering on disaster; I love to do things spontaneously like making up recipes; I don't fold laundry well and I never iron.

I always wanted to fit the romantic image of a pregnant woman who glowed with admiration for her situation. I wanted to love the feelings of pregnancy, both physically and emotionally. Yet the truth is, with this pregnancy at least, I've generally found myself to be uncomfortable and out of sorts. Some of that was explained recently when we learned that this baby is not in the traditional head-down position, but rather a breech position. The rock hard little head is tucked up high in my rather short abdomen, pushing on my stomach, while the legs like to jab my bladder. The bulk of the baby's body is on my right side and the pressure on my right hip makes me walk like I need a hip replacement. Sooooooo, I am unbelievably pleased to announce that the birth of this sneaky little baby is right around the corner! We have a c-section scheduled for Monday, March 8th, and I can't wait. Since I've had a baby before I am not ignorant of how difficult the sleep deprivation will be, yet all I can think about is the fact that in 10 days I will get to meet and hold this little one. I worry a bit about how Ella will take this new Mama-attention-seeker, as well as the fact that my mobility will be limited for a while, but I know that she will be an incredible big sister and helper too. I can't believe how lucky Chris and I are. We'll keep you updated when we know just who we will be welcoming home with us in two weeks!

No comments: