Sunday, January 17, 2010

multi-tasking

I used to think I was quite good at multi-tasking. I prided myself on the fact that I could create complicated meals by myself, with each dish finishing at the same time. I could carry on in-depth conversations while cooking, crafting, or cleaning. It all seemed easy--automatic almost. But there are certain things I simply cannot do at the same time as others. Reading for instance. Though I am one of the lucky people who can read in a moving car, I cannot read while there is a TV on, or music playing, or anything remotely interesting. I guess by that explanation if the thing on TV doesn't interest me at all I could probably pull it off, but don't expect equal absorption as when I am in a distraction-free reading environment. Here's another one: being pregnant. For starters I seem to be incapable of carrying on this blog while being pregnant. And I think it isn't just the pregnancy, but the fact that I am pregnant, and working, and taking care of another child (which is totally nothing big compared to a bajillion other people I know, but it's still bogging me down)! I had no idea how much harder being pregnant would be for me when I already had a baby. Some things just have to be experienced to be understood, and I think this is one of them. So, I am sorry that I absolutely suck at blogging right now. I am not the most regular of computer users as it is--I avoid email unless necessary, I don't have a Facebook page, I don't Twitter. But I do like to write, and to share, so I am genuinely sorry that I seem incapable of it right now. All I can say is thank you for sticking around--you get bonus points for just reading this because it means you haven't given up yet though I have even considered it! So, here's some stuff that's fun and new in my world...
--Baby Moore #2 is due in less than 8 weeks, and I can't wait until he/she is here. I seriously can't wait.
--Chris finished creating the most amazing crib ever for our new little one. It is made of maple and cherry woods and is by far the most valuable piece of furniture either of us has ever owned!
--Ella is singing, pointing out colors, talking about animals, and counting to ten (apart from five, which she refuses to say) constantly. She is endlessly busy--though equally entertaining.
--Hobart is fluffy and smelly and snorty, but still adorable.
We have so much to be grateful for and I have to keep reminding myself that it's okay that I am bad at being pregnant and doing all the other things I once did and still want to do because we get a baby out of the deal. It's so worth it. Anyway, I hope to be here more regularly in the future, so please don't abandon me yet! Cheers!
Here's that most gorgeous crib. I hope that the next time you see it there's someone in it! Preferably on top of a mattress as well.
Ella the entertainer and her many funny faces. This one includes some crackers squirreled away in those cheeky cheeks!
This one looks like a mug shot gone wrong!
And Chris put it best when he looked at Ella's expression in this photo and said "I'm Ron Burgundy?"
The hair-do might have added to that affect.
You stay classy San Diego!

No comments: