Thursday, August 27, 2009

distracted--that's how I've been lately

Do you ever wake from a dream that was so pleasant you just want to be back in it? I always try to keep my eyes closed and stay still as long as possible, as if I might actually slip back into the same time and place I just left. I've been waking up like this a lot lately. Even in the middle of the night when I'm awoken by a cranky Ella, I still have a smile on my face.

I had a particular dream the other day that was perfect. Unfortunately I don't remember more than one detail from the entire thing, but I remember that altogether it was perfect. It's sad that dreams often get fuzzy in our memories, rather more quickly even than regular information! But this one was perfect and remembering that feeling of happiness that it gave me is enough for me. After I woke from it, and was actually ready to break the spell and move, I leaned over to Chris and said "I just dreamt that we had another girl."

I don't actually know if it's a girl or boy, but we should find out some time in early March...

xoxoemily and co.

No comments: